full time angel

Friday, August 03, 2007

My Mummy is The Strongest Person on Earth

For few days I have been doing nothing but eating (disgusting porridge) and sleeping. I didn’t go to office and ask my staff with my most favourite questions, “When will it be?” or “What’re the objectives?” Lying down like this reminds me of my mum. Lord, how much I miss my mummy. My mummy always holds me tight every time I get ill. She looks after me well.

Ah my chatty mummy.

There are over a dozen of stitches on my mum’s head because of her surgery 3 decades ago. There is still a platinum pen inside her skull, which affects her vision nerves. On her chin, there are 3 stitches because of her naughtiness when she was little. On mummy’s tummy there are stitches too, she got them when she miscarried my unborn little brother. In addition, mummy’s blood contains blood from at least a dozen people whom she didn’t know. Those respectable people refused to reveal their identities. Even papa just knew that they were his staff without knowing who they were. Unfortunately blood transfusion during those days wasn’t like we have now. Paramedic only checked the blood type. It seems one of them got malaria, so my mummy often gets fever.

My mummy is not old yet but she has fought against the death several times. She has negotiated with angel of the death to postpone her death. My mummy is a strong woman. For almost of my 30 year life, only once I could recall my mum got ill. It was when I was at kindergarten, when mum had my unborn little brother. I recall during those days papa took my sister and I went to hospital visiting mummy every afternoon. There were fruits and cookies at mum’s room, cookies and fruits that no one wanted to touch at home.

For all my life, my mum never gets ill but “common cold”. No matter what happens, no matter how worse her fever is, no matter how dizzy she is, no matter how ill she is, mummy always stands up and prepares our needs. My mummy prepares my breakfast. Mummy prepares my lunch box. Mummy brushes my hair. Mummy does everything. When she really gets ill, all she needs is only a bit back massage. Meanwhile, when I am close to her, mummy always gives me light foot massage since my feet were petite until not so petite anymore now.

My mummy is the strongest person on Earth. Mummy doesn’t complain, she is just well…mmm a bit like other mummies, tells her kid to do this and that. She said, “It’s because I care about you.” Eeewww what a reason. My mummy is the strongest person on Earth. No matter what happens she will stand up to protect me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home